These are tips and tricks from casting directors that will help you get noticed when you submit for shows.
1) READ the casting notice thoroughly and follow the instructions EXACTLY.
2) Include your name, age, city/state, email, and phone number.
3) If it asks for photos, include CLEAR photos. If you send a link to a Facebook page, make sure it’s not private otherwise that link is useless.
4) If they ask you for information such as “your story”, or “why you’d be a good fit for this show”, take the time to tell them. You may think they’re going to call you to find out, but they’re likely to call the 100 other people who followed the instructions and got them interested with their initial email. Let your personality shine through in your photos and your email. Don’t be shy!
5) DO NOT SUBMIT FOR SHOWS FOR WHICH YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED. Nothing is more annoying to a casting director than someone who wastes their time. Be patient. A show will come around that you’re right for, even if it takes a while.
6) Casting directors get a lot of submissions. Make sure yours stands out. Follow the instructions on the casting notice, send them everything they ask for, and be open/honest in your email.